Latest in Science & Technology
Latest Updated on: 22-07-2021
- "Bachcho ka sahara, phone hamara": is an initiative led by Himachal Govt.
- Raj Kisan Organic App: launched by Rajasthan Government.
- AMLEX: An instrument developed by IIT Ropar(Punjab), which increases the life of Oxygen cylinders 3 times.
- "Kisan Sarthi": is the digital platform for farmers in the Nation.
- IIT Hyderabad developed Nation's 1st Rapid Electronics COVID-19 Test Kit: with the name "Codihome".
- ISRO will launch its 1st Mission Unmanned under "the GAGANYAN Program" in December 2021.
- Genome Sequencing facility: to recognize the new variant of Corona Virus, Rajasthan became the 1st state to lead it.
- 5-G Technology: Reliance Jio & Google Clouds went into a Partner agreement.
- Bengaluru included in the list of top 5 Technology Centers in the Asia-Pacific region: via a report by Colliers titled ‘Growth Engines of Innovation: How Asia Pacific Technology Hubs are Reshaping Regional Real Estate’.
- Bharti Airtel & Tata Group inked a pact: regarding 5G technology in India.
- Dagmara Hydro-Electric Project: The project is located on the Kosi river. About the Project. It is a Run-of-the-River scheme. Run-of-river hydro projects use the natural downward flow of rivers and micro turbine generators to capture the kinetic energy carried by water. The project will have the total capacity of generating 130 MW of energy
- New Shephard Rocket System: Named after Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard, the first American to go to space, New Shepard is our reusable suborbital rocket system designed to take astronauts and research payloads past the Kármán line – the internationally recognized boundary of space, launched by the founder of Amazon 'Jeff Bezos' for Space Tourism.
- Zhurong, the Chinese rover at Mars, sent selfies: The dusty, rocky Martian surface and a Chinese rover and lander bearing small national flags were seen in photos released Friday that the rover took on the red planet. The four pictures released by the China National Space Administration also show the upper stage of the Zhurong rover and the view from the rover before it rolled off its platform. Zhurong placed a remote camera about 10 meters (33 feet) from the landing platform, then withdrew to take a group portrait
Photo credit: CNSA
- "Fengyun": is the latest satellite launched by China.
- AmbiTag: is an instrument developed by IIT Ropar, to know of real-time conditions of your surrounding.
- China's 'Artificial Sun': attained a temperature of 120 million °C for 2 minutes, thus setting a world record.
- IIT Ropar joining with Australian Monash University developed "Fakebuster": a detector device to detect imposters attending a virtual conference or faces on social media.
- "Smart Window Material": Developed by IIT Guwahati. IIT Researchers develop smart windows that conserve power by regulating heat, light entering buildings. Smart window materials developed by the researchers make use of noble metals and their comparatively inexpensive alternatives. The design involved having an electro-optical polymer that was sandwiched between ultra-thin metal layers.
- 'Internet Explorer ' is to be stopped: by 15th of June 2022, declared Microsoft.
- "DIPCOVIN": is the antibodies testing kit, developed by DRDO.
- China launched its satellite successfully: named "Haiyang 2D"
- Simurgh: the hardware is named Simurgh and will be a supercomputer capable of developing itself. Citing IRNA, Simurg was developed by Tehran-based Amirkabir University of Technology. Citing Sputnik News, the developer explained that the new supercomputer provides large-scale data processing services for both state-run and private scientific research.
- Voyager 1: detected a humming voice in the space, recently. Voyager 1 is a space probe that was launched by NASA on September 5, 1977. As part of the Voyager program to study the outer Solar System, Voyager 1 was launched 16 days after its twin, Voyager 2. Having operated for 43 years, 8 months and 6 days as of May 12, 2021 UTC [refresh], the spacecraft still communicates with the Deep Space Network to receive routine commands and to transmit data to Earth.
- The National Advanced Chemical Battery Storage Program: received a nod from the Central Government. Advance Chemistry Cells (“ACCs”) are the new generation advanced storage technologies that can store electric energy either as electrochemical or as chemical energy and convert it back to electric energy as and when required. Globally, manufacturers are investing in these new generation technologies at a commercial scale to fill the expected boom in battery demand through 2030. Considering its importance and the emphasis on transition to a clean energy economy, the Government of India (“GoI”) in March 2019, launched the National Mission on Transformative Mobility & Battery Storage (the “Mission”).
- Nations 1st mucormycosis Lab founded in: Madhya Pradesh's cities Bhopal & Jabalpur.
- Assam: started "Real-time online flood reporting", thus turned the 1st state to go for this system.
- "EVA chatbot": launched by "HDFC bank" for its customers from rural Areas.
- "Dost for Life(friend for life)": a mobile phone App for students & parents, launched by "CBSC".
- Long March 5 V: a Chinese Rocket, turned uncontrollable & fell down in the Indian Ocean, near the Maldives.
- 2 DG: is the Anti-Covid drug developed by DRDO, got approval for use in Emergency times.
- Atman AI: is an AI analytical algorithm tool to detect the presence of COVID-19 symptoms via chest X-Ray.
- Nasa's Parker Solar Probe detected: Natural Radiation from 'Venus' planet.
- World's largest airplane built by an American company, named 'Stratolaunch', name of the plane is "ROC"
- New Isotop of Uranium: The scientist found the lightest isotope of Uranium, naming it U-214.
- DRDO: developed a 'Single Christal Blade' for the helicopters.
- "The Unicorn": is the name given to the smallest 'Black Hole' found by the Scientist Scientists have discovered one of the smallest black holes on record – and the closest one to Earth found to date. Researchers have dubbed it “The Unicorn,” in part because it is, so far, one of a kind, and in part because it was found in the constellation Monoceros – “The Unicorn.”
- NASA's device MOXIE, mounted on Perseverance makes Oxygen on mars: having literally created oxygen out of the red planet's thin air. That's thanks to an experimental device carried by the six-wheeled rover vehicle called Perseverance, that landed there in February. The gadget is called MOXIE(Mars Oxygen In-Situ Resource Utilization Experiment) and in its first activation, it created 5 grams of oxygen from Mars' atmosphere, which is mostly carbon dioxide. That's enough for an astronaut to breathe for 10 minutes. It may sound small, but that's big news
- Russia: declared of its next moon mission, Luna 25.
- Russia: declared that it will have its own "Space Station" 2025, while India claimed that India will have its own by 2030.
- NASA's Ingenuity: Making history in the books of astronomy, NASA's Ingenuity Mars Helicopter became the first aircraft to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet on Monday.
Photo Credit: Twitter.
- Most popular mobile brands & their manufactures:
- Nanosniffer: Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Friday launched NanoSniffer, the world's first Microsensor-based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD).
- Ingenuity Helicopter: Ingenuity, is a technology demonstration by NASA to test powered flight on another world for the first time. Which successfully landed at the red planet.
- Hansa - NG: New Generation Hansa (HANSA-NG) The New Generation Hansa (HANSA-NG) features a state-of-the-art Glass cockpit, Rotax-912iSc sport engine and steerable nose wheel. Manufactured using advanced processes, the aircraft is IFR compliant, has superior aerodynamic features and handling qualities, enhanced range and endurance. It was developed by National Aerospace Lab (Bengaluru).
- "My India": is the indigenously made navigator tool by ISRO.
- Perrseverance Rover: is the Rover of "NASA" to study the evidence of life at Mars at Jezero Crater.
- ISRO started testing 2 private satellites: for this purpose, ISRO has another unit named "U R Rao Satellite Center".
These 2 satellites have been developed by 1) Spacekids India & another by Pixxel.
- Pravaig MK1: is the 1st Indian Electric Car, with a top speed of 200 KM, 80% charged within half of the hour, fully charged can trace 500 KMs. Made by an Indian company, named 'Pravaig'.
- ISRO to launch: one Satellite of Brazil, named Amazonia-1 & 20 other satellites using its Rocket PSLV C 51 on 28 February 2021.
- World's 1st High Altitude Psuedo Sattelite: by HAL.
- Gaganyan Mission: India to launch its 1st man-less space flight by December 2021.
- Union Ministery of Electronics & Information Technology: developed an intelligence tool, called "Tejus", a virtual Intelligence tool that extracts critical information from data to make its meaningful information for policy decisions & improving efficiency in Government services & citizen Delivery.
- Akash-NG: is a surface to air, Next-Generation Missile, developed by DRDO.
- SpaceX: launched 143 Satellites using "the Falcon 9" Rocket. Thus, breaking the record of ISRO which had launched a total of 104 satellites in a go.
- SAILto set up a plant: in Chandrapur (Maharastra), of converting Gas into Ethanol. It will the 1st of the Kind.
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited: a defense PSU, built India's 1st Driverless Metro Car.
- "Rakshita": is a bike-based Ambulance designed by DRDO, is inducted in CRPF.
- "AERO-INDIA 2021" app: launched by Union Defence Minister Sh. Rajnath Singh.
- Coastal Research Vessel: for strengthening scientific research about various issues deep inside the waters, naming it 'Sagar Anveshika"
- "Satark Nagrik"(Aware Civilian): launched in J & K.
- Skyroot Aerospace: tuened the 1st Pvt. Aerospace Company in India to successfully test Solid propellant for Rocket Stage.
- Pneumosil: is the first indigenous vaccine against pneumonia, developed by the Serum Institute of India (SII).
CEO of SII is Adar Poonawala:
- Atomic Reactor Plant at Moon: the US has all decided to build an Atomic reactor at Moon. NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy will seek proposals from industry to build a nuclear power plant on the moon and Mars to support its long-term exploration plans. The proposal is for a fission surface power system, and the goal is to have a flight system, lander and reactor ready to launch by 2026.
- India's 1st Lithium refinery: India’s first Lithium refinery which will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material will be set up in Gujarat, state government officials said. Manikaran Power Limited, one of the country’s largest power trading and renewable energy company will be investing over Rs 1,000 crore to set up this refinery,
- India's Very 1st: 5G innovation Lab, to be started by Oppo.
- China's FAST: is the world's largest Radio Telescope.
- ONGC of India: launched 8th Hydrogen Producing Basin in W.Bengal. Read more at https://www.world-energy.org/article/14697.html
- Bullet Train in Haryana: Japanese Embassy at New Delhi released the 1st glimpse of Bullet Train that will run From Mumbai To Ahmadabad. It will be the E-5 Scinkasen series which has been made for this route.
- China's Probe to Moon "Chang-e-5": landed back on earth carrying rock material sample.
- China's artificial Sun: China reports of its successful test of artificial Sun, called HL-2M.
- ISRO launched: a Communication Satellite CMS-01 on 17 December 2020 with PSLV 50.
- Crawler": is the software of Interpol acquired by Maharastra Govt. to track child Pornography.
Co Win: is the digital platform for distribution of COVID-19 vaccine to affected person.
- Pixxel made a pact with ISRO to launch its own satelite: the Private sector has been allowed to launch a private satellite, as via IN-SPACe, Space start-up Pixxel has signed an agreement with State-run NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) to launch the country’s first private remote-sensing satellite on an ISRO PSLV rocket in early 2021.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited: launched a world-class premium Grade Petrol, called 100 Octane, brand name XP 100, helping India join a select league of nations globally that have such superior quality
Read more at https://www.carandbike.com/news/indianoil-launches-indias-first-100-octane-petrol-xp100-for-premium-vehicles-2333151
- Hayabusa II: a Spacecraft of Japan came back with the specimen of soil from an asteroid named "Ryugu".
- bhayam Mobile App: for the safety of women passengers launched in A.P. To start with, 1,000 auto-rickshaws equipped with Internet-of-Things (IoT)-enabled GPS devices will be rolled out in Visakhapatnam city.
- Vaccine for COVID - 19 is being developed by these firms in India:
Name of the Firm
Location of the Firm
Name of the Vaccine
- Zydus Biotech Park